About Me

My photo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
I'm an artist, mother, entrepreneur and advocate. I'm poly and pan. I have ADHD.

Monday, September 14, 2020

The Slowasfucktrain

I didn't end up editing yesterday's blog. Geof couldn't remember what I did Thursday either. Except for working, I worked late that night. (Thursday I BLOGGED, seriously brain...what the fuck)<-updated 09-15-2020 @ 2:30 am.

And now TODAY! (9-14-2020) 

Let's see...today I woke up but didn't really get up and about initially. Convinced the dogs to chill with me. Tucker doesn't chill very well usually, but he managed after I kept shooing him from the bed every time he tried to bring the bone up there for chewing. I finally got up around noon-thirty (noon is my usual wake up time), took my meds, then took the dogs (heretofore referred to as "boys") outside (they were getting insistent). I decided I wanted to visit my friend, Nate, at Behind the Glass, (his comic book shop). I knew I might get chilly, so I pulled out a scarf. It was green, so I decided to dress to match and put on a green tank-top. I felt like a bit more decoration would be fun, so I put on yellow  and green eye liners and mixed hold with green hair gel for a lighter green and put it on one side of my head. When I was finished, I went downstairs and got mom to help ensure my line was straight, then I got myself together and left. I rode Leila (my motorcycle) over to the shop and chilled there for a couple hours. 

 -dopleasenoticemywaycoolmaskinthephotos-



Geof got off work at 3 so I met him at home. The plan was to take his rims to the shop in an attempt to discover why his tubes keep going flat and to see if his rims are OK to use with tubeless tires. Then to either get tubeless installed or get new tubes so he could ride this evening with Evelyn. So I latched the rims onto Leila and we rode to Scheels. Once there, we found out the rims probably weren't tubeless ready and that due to Covid, they didn't have any tubes in his size and shipment of tubes  was delayed. So we latched the rims back onto Leila and returned home. At home, I told Geof he could use my bicycle to ride with Evelyn, so he started getting bikes ready while I went to pick up Evelyn from her Dad's. 

Once home, Geof and Evelyn set out for their ride and I chilled a bit, received a package delivery, took it inside to give to mom, then got some dinner (leftovers from last night's dinner). I finished eating, grabbed bike tools that Geof asked for, then headed out to meet them at a little ice cream shop. I beat them there and discovered the shop was closed. Terribly disappointing. I wanted ice cream... Finally Geof and Ev arrived, made slight adjustments, then we all headed home.

I knew they weren't going to make it back before it got dark, so I gathered the bicycle headlights and rode out to meet them along the trail.

-This is where the funny begins-

I parked Leila a block away and walked down the road, across railroad tracks, to wait at the bike trail. As soon as they arrived, I gave Evelyn my helmet to hold and attached her light. As I was finishing, I saw a train coming slowly down the tracks, so I left and ran as fast as I could to beat the slowasfucktrain so I wouldn't have to wait for the slowasfucktrain before going home. The moment I cheered myself for beating the slowasfucktrain, I realized my helmet was in Evelyn's hands...on the other side of the slowasfucktrain. So I sat down and waited for the slowasfucktrain so I could retrieve my helmet. As soon as the slowasfucktrain passed, I walked back over, assisted Geof with his bike light because he couldn't get it figured out, then moseyed back to Leila. Why brain?!? Why must you be so impulsive?!?!!!

-Funny over, sadness-

Once home, I took the boys out, watched Geof and Evelyn arrive home, then started prepping for work. So here I am now! At work. Until 3 am. Yay. 

I now bid you adieu, until tomorrow, probably. đŸ’›đŸ’›

1 comment: