About Me

My photo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
I'm an artist, mother, entrepreneur and advocate. I'm poly and pan. I have ADHD.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen

 Bless me Father, for I have sinned. It's been 5 days since my last confession.

...

    ...

        ... 

                Ummm...no. I don't actually do that. I mean, I do confess plenty of shit, mind you, but not to a priest (usually it's less of a confession and more of me just babbling away about the shit I did that day, or interesting things that may have happened...kinda like my posts here...). But on a more serious note, it HAS been 5 days since I last posted!

Let's see, what has been happening since last I posted...what was it, Thursday? Yep, Thursday.

     Uh Friday I didn't work. Well, I mean technically I did, but it was like rollover from Thursday, 'cause Thursday is an overnight shift. Well, til 3 am on Friday. But I don't count it as Friday, 'cause I didn't sleep yet. So I think I woke up before noon, but likely didn't get up til after noon. Then I would have picked up Geof from work. We introduced Tucker to the bicycle and running alongside it. We then introduced him to the cart and running alongside that. Then introduced him to climbing into and sitting in the cart. He did great, enjoyed it all, and had a blast. No negatives during that training, so a HUGE plus! Then we went shopping. Then Geof took Evelyn home to her dad's ('cause he lost a finger at work so can't drive for a while) and I don't recall what I did during that time. Maybe I rested. Anyway, we chilled the rest of that night 'cause I had to be up early the next morning.

Which, naturally, brings me to Saturday! I got up ungodly early after having slept surprisingly well. I went to work and worked way longer than I prefer. It was already getting dark when I headed back home. Once home, I started working on cutting some 1/4" plywood to fit the shape of the bicycle cart, since it needed reinforced for the planned journey. The reviews complained of the plastic it comes with not being sturdy enough, so we're going to screw the plywood and some carpet to the plastic to make it sturdier. I finished that and got it onto the cart, then slowly made my way upstairs to bed. 

I didn't sleep as well Saturday night, but still got up at the same time Sunday morning. I was more tired during my ride to work, but thankfully I didn't have to work as long. I left work at 3, stopped at Behind the Glass to chill with Nate (the owner) a while, then returned home when Geof finished his gaming at 5:30. We got ready, then, and headed out to the 84th street MoPac trailhead with the dogs. Geof wanted to take them both for about a mile run each. He started with Tucker (remember Tucker is extremely new to this). I received a call from Geof about 8 minutes later, or so, mentioning that he went down because Tucker decided to chase a dog they had to pass on the trail. Tucker decided to run across the path in front of Geof, who was going full-speed on the bike, and yanked the bike so Geof went down. Thankfully no broken bones, just some shredded fingers on his left hand and road-rash on his left shoulder, and a couple minor knee scrapes. So he came back to the car, we got Tucker buckled back up. Geof apologized to Gotham, as was appropriate. Then we headed back home, so I could take care of all the wounds. Once home, I got the dogs inside, took off all their gear, and left it on the floor while I rushed over to deal with Geof's owies. Once dealt with, cleaned up, bandaged up, etc...I walked into the hallway where the dogs were waiting. I discovered that Tucker had chewed the plastic clips to pieces on his and Gotham's harnesses. Yay. SO we ordered new harnesses for the dogs and full fingered bicycling gloves for Geof. Then we had dinner with my parents so Geof wouldn't have to make dinner (I don't make dinner).

Monday I didn't get up til about noon. I had to 'cause mom was giving away cuttings from her Pothos plant and I was the one who had to post the ad on Facebook 'cause mom is a total FB newb. Because I was the one arranging for people to pick up and shit, I got up, got ready, took dogs out, blah blah blah...and no one shows up at the time they're supposed to. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So I decide to ride Leila over to pick up Geof from work (he gets off @ 1:30 pm on Mondays). At 1, I get a text that someone is on their way to pick up a cutting. I check the time and figure they probably will arrive soon enough that I can still ride over to get Geof, so I say "OK" and keep prepping to go. I deal with the hand-off when they arrive, then continue to go pick up Geof. He didn't know I was going to get him, so I got to surprise him! I picked him up, we got home, then we had to cut up carpet for the cart. I cut up the carpet while Geof watched. He gave each carpet cutting a good wallop against a tree to get as much dust and dirt out of them as possible. We'll have to measure and trim and melt the edges of each to fit it to the cart, but we figured doing that later would be fine. Hopefully it will be enough traction for Tucker to get in and out of the cart without any issues while it's moving. Monday ended with me working, as usual.

Today has been a nothing day. I've done very little. I got up around noon. I changed Geof's bandages when he came home for lunch (he neglected to do so this morning because he was running late for work). And I've basically just chilled in bed since. I did work on my Gallery more, though, so that was at least a little bit of productivity! And I'm writing my blog finally! GO ME! I just high-fived myself in my head, because I decided I'm awesome. I don't know what, if anything, I'll do the rest of the evening. I do have to work again tonight, so I'll at least have to do that. Oh well. Ya'll are caught up again, which was the entire point of this, so one more accomplishment down!

Ooh! I just remembered the funny story of the day! 


-Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen-

Evelyn: "I just finished my History test."

Geof: "How was it?"

Evelyn: "Torture."

(She got an A on the test)


And with that, I shall bid you adieu. 

May God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins.



No comments:

Post a Comment