About Me

My photo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
I'm an artist, mother, entrepreneur and advocate. I'm poly and pan. I have ADHD.

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Oooh, Doughnuts!

 Man, that last post was quite the mood, huh? 

I haven't been moving much the last few days, other than work, which is necessary. I have been working on my web page, though! It's been a lot of coding, which is NOT my favorite, but it's yielded some awesomeness! I'm super excited for how my gallery is finally coming together! 

So, I've NOT been moving much, because it's painful. Probably had a bit to do with my mood the other day. Yes, I do use pain meds. No, pain meds don't make all the pain go away. Things are still very sensitive even today, but it's getting better. 

My dreams last night were very coding-related. Not the worst nightmares ever, mind you, but still not pleasant dreams. I really just don't like coding. It is a necessary part of building a web page, though, when you can't afford to pay someone else to do it. I managed to get it all to match the blog, so it all kind of flows, which is neat!

I started looking at other web page hosting sites. The one I'm currently using is free and fully customize-able because it's my dad's. I don't know that it will handle high traffic, though, and I know it isn't considered "safe" so I can't have embedded content on it yet, only links. It's not the worst, but it isn't really ideal. I don't know if we can afford, yet, to add another monthly payment to our ever-growing out-flow of finances, though. It may just have to wait a while, yet.  

I started looking at Twitch again today. I created an account a while back and have left it dormant so far. I'm not really sure how to go about using it, so I'm reading the stuff they have that's supposed to help with that. I feel really dumb when I'm on video. I despise the sound of my own voice when it's recorded. I don't know how I'm going to get past all that, but I think I'm ultimately going to have to, 'cause growing an art business without people who really love your art, seems pretty impossible. 

The other day, I started talking more with Geof about needing a business partner. He said he'd be that, but if Draw Me With Passion is going to thrive, I really need to find someone who wants it to thrive as bad as I do. Someone that also is good at all the business-y things I'm NOT good at. My executive functioning skills are next to nothing, and it shows. 

I couldn't sleep last night. I tried, but my brain wouldn't let me stop working on my gallery until nearly 3 am. I finally could lay down, then, but I still couldn't sleep! I was awake til after 6:30 this morning when Geof was getting up for work, finally (he kept turning his alarms off 😂). After I finally fell asleep, my brain woke me up before 11 this morning because of the web page again. So work tonight is going to probably be a tad rough, unless by some miracle, I get a nap in. 

How does one go about finding, and connecting with, a great business partner? It's not as simple as putting out an ad. People don't want to be part of something that isn't going to have a financial return immediately, and starting up a business means waiting and working to get it to a place where it can support itself before it ever gets to a place where it can support you. We're talking years of work, generally. I mean, I know someone who I'd LOVE to have as a business partner, cuz they're super awesome, but an awesome friend isn't always the best choice for a business partner, right? I don't know..This whole thing is just more than I can think about for long, right now.

In different news, I keep double spacing after each sentence. Then I remember it's not necessary anymore and I fix it. Then I do it all over again. I learned to type on a real, and old, typewriter. It was a class I actually enjoyed. The teacher always pointed to things with her middle finger. She was really old! The whole class (there were like 5 of us, probably) would giggle every time. She always complemented my on my skill (can you say "ego boost"??). She said it probably had to do with the fact that I played piano. She was probably correct. Ah, check that out, a little more news for you about me, I can play the piano! I don't play, but I can. I have plenty of lessons under my belt. Somewhere between 7 and 9 years of them. I'm pretty sure there's at least parts of some songs that my fingers likely still remember.

I, literally, just now remembered that I have a coupon to Hurts Doughnut Shop! Now I want a doughnut...

I guess that ends this blog post! I'm going to go ride Leila over to the doughnut shop! If that's not a good reason for a ride and a smile, I don't know what is! 💛💛

No comments:

Post a Comment