About Me

My photo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
I'm an artist, mother, entrepreneur and advocate. I'm poly and pan. I have ADHD.

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Finger Babbling Should Be a Thing

 I haven't posted for a few days, so I decided I should now. I don't know what to post, so I'm just going to babble until something comes out of it that I like, then I'll edit until I think it's readable and makes a little sense. As a side note, finger babbling should be a thing...

Let's see, on the 10th, I have no idea what I did. I'll update when Geof reminds me later. (OMG I just noticed I already blogged on this day!! -it's the 15th at 2:30 am, go figure...)

On the 11th, I did exactly nothing until the very end of the day (after 9 pm) when I finally got up (with Geof's assistance), shaved Geof's head and buzzed my hair back down to a tactilely pleasing length. Then I took a bath. Why did I do nothing? It's a difficult question to answer. I felt incapable of doing. I was mentally exhausted. I don't know why. I don't know where it came from, or why I finally moved when Geof helped me up. Thinking about it makes me want to cry because it makes me feel like a failure somehow. It probably had something to do with ADHD. I learn something new about ADHD every day, I think. Maybe it has something to do with the ADHD meds I'm on. I wish I knew more. It's extremely frustrating to know nothing about one's self.

On the 12th, I got up right when my alarm went off (5 am) and started getting ready for work. I rode my motorcycle to work (Crete, NE), because I could and duh, it's a motorcycle... I was scheduled to work from 7 am - 9:30 pm. At 3 pm, someone came in to make up some hours, so I was gifted the opportunity to stop working early. I then began a really fun trip to surprise Geof! I knew he was on his way to ride the Oak Creek Trail. I saw him on my map (we share location with each other), and he was nearly there already when I set out. I stopped at every other turn, or so, to check messages (so he wouldn't suspect anything, and so I knew at what step he was on his adventure). I booked it the last leg of my trip in hopes of catching him before he started out. It was my luck that he had a flat tire just when he arrived and had to take the time to change it. And even MORE luck for me, that he couldn't figure out his new mini pump! I made it just as he was starting out and I honked, and he looked, and I waved, and he got the biggest smile on his face! I live for that smile. It's my favorite.

AND today, copy and paste my morning routine from yesterday, EXCEPT: I was tired and didn't want to get up and waited like five minutes before finally moving and when I finally moved I sat in the bathroom, on the toilet, doing nothing for like 25 minutes, until my third alarm went off and I decided I should finally get dressed for work. BUT I didn't have to get lunch or breakfast ready cuz it was already at work from yesterday because I had planned to work allfuckingdaylong but didn't have to because of the awesomeness I wrote about a moment ago, so I actually ended up riding out earlier than yesterday, which was a good thing because it was FUCKINGCOLDASHELL this morning. Colder than yesterday morning. So I rode slower to keep my fingers from turning black or literally falling off, and kept reaching them down to the engine to warm them. I arrived to work extremely tense from the cold. My body is still tired from that, and probably from whatever made me tired this morning. Maybe I'll fall asleep at a decent hour tonight? Or, like some nights, maybe I'll end up napping when I get home and be up till like 4 am...who knows. 

ALSO today, Geof couldn't get the photos inserted into his blog the way he wanted because they were too big, so I had him send them to me in messenger (they came as links..weird), then I copied them, pasted them into the conversation and sent them back to him. He was still not able, for whatever reason, to get them in, so I re-downloaded them and inserted them from my side and it worked. THEN I tried to save, but wasn't sure it had saved because Geof refreshed and didn't see them, so I had to convince him to close out of the editor so I could save and he'd be able to see the changes, but it took fucking forever to convince him for idk why. Maybe I need to teach him how it works...? ANYWAY, I finally got him to close it out, I saved, and they showed up, and he's going to finish his post after gaming. He plays Dungeons & Dragons on Sundays with his gaming group. 

Now I'm waiting for my parents to bring me a chocolate shake from DQ because they offered me a snack since they happened to be in Crete today, and Geof is planning for us to ride to a little ice cream shoppe that just re-opened after having been destroyed by a tornado last year or the year before. He, of course, will ride his bicycle, and I will ride my motorcycle. He told me the ice cream was an excuse to take out the new tire tubes for a spin, but I think taking out the new tubes is really his excuse to go get ice cream. Alright, I have stuff I have to do now. So I'll catch up with ya'll later when it's time for me to update this post with whateverthefuckIdidonThursday.

2 comments:

  1. reading your entries is reminding me that the evil surprises my body and mind enjoy throwing at me are not completely abnormal. i am grateful for your friendship and this blog to feel like i get to talk with you often.
    xo.

    (also, the bit about G's smile...ya'll are the fucking most adorable duo)

    ReplyDelete