About Me

My photo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
I'm an artist, mother, entrepreneur and advocate. I'm poly and pan. I have ADHD.

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Happy Birthday, Geof!

Alright, I skipped a couple days, so I'll try to catch you up on what's been happening.

Thursday was my anniversary. I didn't remember until Wednesday that it was going to be, and I really didn't remember anyway cuz Geof told me and I was like, "It is? I didn't realize it was that close to your birthday." And he was like, "Yeah, that's why I can remember it!" So that's how that happened. So yeah, Thursday was my anniversary. My mom gave us a card from her and dad. It was funny. I will take photos for you.
Geof told me that mom had told him what the *coupon* said when she gave him the card, silly mommy. AND when we got downstairs for dinner that night, she made sure to point out that the roles would be reversed for Geof and myself 🙄.

It took us a while to figure out what we wanted for dinner, but we eventually settled on Buzzard Billy's. I decided I'd handle ordering and picking it up. When I called the order in I asked them to have it ready by 6-6:15, so the gal said it'd be ready by 6:15. I picked it up on time, got it all tied down on Leila, and rode it home. When we sat down to eat, some of the food was a tad less hot than preferable, which made me wonder if they prepped it too early... Oh well, a fun time was had by us all, regardless, and I was afforded the opportunity to taste gator for the second time in my life. I realized (as I pointed out to a friend earlier this evening) that it has less flavor than chicken, but the texture is nearly the same, so people often say it tastes like chicken, and they're basically correct. Chicken is a tad more flavorful, though. 

Friday I worked in the morning and didn't freeze on my ride there cuz I dressed appropriately this time. My ride home was nice, if a tad chilly. Then we went grocery shopping.

Today was Geof's birthday. I took the day off work and surprised him this morning when I finally told him. He was literally giddy! That made me super happy. I got up, took the dogs outside, then fed the pets before going back to bed, it was a great morning. We ended up sleeping til noon, then we got up, took dogs out again, I shaved Geof's head, he prepped his bike and went for a ride, I then went down and assisted mom with dinner prep. Mom already had the cake done when I got down there but was confused why it was all cracked on the top. I reminded her it didn't matter cuz frosting covers up all the oopses. We proceeded to prep dinner so it would have time to marinate. After we finished, while sitting in the living room just chilling, mom freaked. She practically jumped to her feet, which is kind of a feat when you're like 60, and grabbed the cake exclaiming that she might have just figured out what was wrong with the cake! We rushed to the kitchen, she pulled out a fork, took a bite, and with a horrified voice exclaimed, "I was right! I forgot the sugar!" She was about to throw the whole cake away! I laughed, of course, because it was funny, and I stopped her. I reminded her that Geof loves super bitter dark chocolate and probably would like it. She made me taste it even though I don't care for cake, especially with peanut butter frosting, and I didn't think it was really all that bad. Dad tasted it later and said he preferred it that way. And Geof got home right then so I made him taste it, and he loved it too, so we didn't waste a cake! Mom still insisted on making another, correctly this time, for herself and Evelyn. 

After Geof got home, he cooled off from his ride, got changed, then we went out to drive the bike route he plans to take out of town, to see what it was like and make sure it's acceptable. It took us nearly an hour to drive it, cuz parts were in dense foot traffic and then country roads, one of which was so terrible! Anyway, we made it through, then it took us 15 minutes to get home via the highways 🤣😂🤣

Once home we had dinner, with wine. It was delicious! I so hate the way my brain gets with alcohol if I drink too much too fast, though. After dinner, I buzzed my hair, it feels amazing again, yay!! Took a bath, cut all my nails, and now I'm in bed ready to sleep. Got an early morning coming.

Good night my peoples! 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment